So why would you moisturise at all? Moisturising your face can bring real benefits, that is why. Moisturisers not only help prevent and reduce dry skin, and protect sensitive skin, but they may improve the appearance of lines and wrinkles, and can mask imperfections.
If you have dry skin, moisturisers can:
- reduce the itchy feeling
- help restore the protective outer layer of your skin to stop irritants or bacteria getting into your skin
- reduce the amount of water you lose from your skin
CHOOSING A FACIAL MOISTURISER
It is important to find the right product for your face. Here are some things to consider.
- Try out a few creams and lotions until you find the right one for your skin.
- If you have sensitive facial skin from a skin condition, such as eczema or rosacea, you might get an irritant reaction to some moisturisers whereby you feel a burning and stinging sensation. This may go with time but if it doesn’t, try an alternative product.
- You might find it best to use an ointment or cream rather than a lotion if you have sensitive skin. Ointments and creams are generally less irritating than lotions but it depends on the product.
- It is best not to use any heavy creams on your face unless you have very dry skin - these are more suited to your body than your face.
PHYSIOGEL BIOMIMIC TECHNOLOGY
Physiogel moisturising creams and lotions, containing Physiogel BioMimic Technology, work to soothe, help repair and restore the skins natural moisture barrier.
Physiogel BioMimic Technology contains lipids similar to those found naturally in your skin. The ingredients in Physiogel BioMimic Technology mimic the skin’s natural structure to repair the moisture barrier, restoring the hydration your skin needs to stay strong and visibly healthy.
Physiogel moisturising creams and lotions contain pure and gentle ingredients. They’re free from fragrances and colourants, making them suitable for even very dry and sensitive skin.
If you have dry and sensitive skin on your face, take a look at the Physiogel facial range to find out more about how to keep your skin visibly healthy and hydrated.