TAKING CARE OF YOUR SKIN
If you have sensitive skin, here are some everyday tips and advice to keep your skin healthy.
- Protect yourself from the sun, particularly if your sensitive skin is from a skin condition such as rosacea. Use sun lotion with a sun protection factor of at least SPF 30 on your face every day – you could also accessorise your outfit with a wide-brimmed hat to give you even more protection from the sun.
- Use an unperfumed soap, or better still, a soap substitute (emollient – a medical moisturiser) to cleanse your face.
- Use a fragrance-free moisturiser every day if your skin is dry or sensitive.
- Try out a few creams and lotions until you find the right one for your skin.
- Put moisturiser on immediately after you have a shower, or you wash your face. This will help to trap existing moisture in your skin.
- Eat a healthy diet. This will help to nourish your skin, particularly if you eat foods that have lots of antioxidants because they may help to keep your body’s tissues in good repair. Aim to eat a colourful variety of fruits and vegetables each day.
- Drink plenty of water. Just as important as what you eat, is what you drink. For healthy skin, aim to drink at least six to eight glasses a day.
- Stop smoking. Smoking breaks down the collagen in your skin that gives it firm support and also makes your skin less elastic. So if you smoke, it can age your skin prematurely. Looking younger is just one of the many good reasons to quit.
- If your skin flares up, note down anything that might have triggered this. This could be anything from cosmetics and personal care products to detergents, or even friction from rough clothing as this can irritate your skin. Once you learn what upsets your skin, you can take back control and manage the triggers, and ultimately the flare ups.
PHYSIOGEL BIOMIMIC TECHNOLOGY
Physiogel moisturising creams and lotions contain Physiogel BioMimic Technology, a science that works to soothe, help repair and restore the skin’s natural moisture barrier. Inspired by the skin’s natural structure, Physiogel BioMimic Technology contains lipids that are similar to those found naturally in the skin and can replenish lipids missing from dry skin. There are a number of products in the Physiogel CALMING RELIEF range that can help to soothe dry, red, irritated skin, to make you look and feel better. Click on the products below to find out more.